Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's all in the giving

My BFF is the most giving and wonderful friend a girl could ever ask for.
She has me and my entire crew, yes even the twins EVERY year for weeks on end.

And every time we go see her in Hawaii it is over a holiday. More often then not it has been Valentines; because it is close to my anniversary so we like to go back to the beach we got married on that day.... hmmmm seems to long ago almost 8 years!
When I go she has the house decked out, and makes wonderful thoughtful things for each of my children.

She also buys each one a thoughtful basket of things they might use on the vacation, sun screan, nappie cream, wipes, floaties for the pool etc. So here I am Valentines looming over my head and this year we are not in Hawaii, we are here and she is coming to my house!
First I went to Target and bought everything in sight. Then I came home and realized that I did not need to spend $200 on V-day decorations. I needed to make her family feel as welcome and as special as we feel in her home. And all this needs to be done on a modest budget.
So I ended up making her 3 dozen cards!

Ingredients for the card above the paper, PTI white,DP is MME, ink - choco chip SU!, stamps- flourish SU!, monogram - JustRite(Brayton font), scallop circle punch SU!,

And then i made a whole lot of paper decorations with my daughter to decorate the house.

And for her wonderful kids I made them each a special valentine with i-tune cards in it. I am sure her teens would appreciate that much more then the $40 build a bears I had almost bought them.
So be mindful, it is the thought that counts when giving, not the price or the amount spent!
Lesson learnt!
R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca