Saturday, May 16, 2009

KW color Inspiration #52






I love this pallet don't you? It is a hard one to work with. Hard to balance the warmth of the yellow with the cool grey and blue. When I made this card I figured I would do it as a double play. So I am also playing along with 365 cards, with challenge #79 Mondays Manufacturer, so I uses a lot of PTI, and Cuttlebug as those are my fave manuf.'s at the mo.

I made this beach theme card because that is what I thought of when I saw the colour palette. I love how the two yellows combine together to give such a warm sunny feeling.

I tried to just achieve the texture of a beach with the help of my cuttlebug embossing folders.

And the Pink Cat sentiment just went so well with this card, I couldn't wait to ink it up!

( I know I do get excited about the craziest things! ) LOL

I hope you have sunshine in your day!

R


It's all in the Ingredients:

Paper- PTI white, aqua mist, SU! saffron, ( shinny mustard so don't know), WW grey

Stamps- Pink Cat

Ink- PTI summer sunrise

Embellishments- Prima flowers, MM vintage brads, Cuttle bug swiss dots, divine swirl, Spellbinders large circles, pop dots, MS dove punch

25 comments:

  1. wow! you sure are quick! Number #1 in posting something! Turned out cute!!

    Yaneri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry - and I can sooooo relate to that sentiment - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is SOOOO cute! Great job on Kristina's color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the scene you built with those colors. Also great use of the cuttlebug folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, immediately thought of the beach when I saw the colors and you captured the feeling so well! I just LOVE how you used the Cuttlebug folders. I feel the "movement" of the water in your card which is a very difficult thing to do. Your card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love this scene. Great job.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your card! Such a great design and so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! I love how you used the colours and the embossing is inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card - so great with the colors for the challenge but love love love the design and those swirls really catch your eye!

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you did the waves! And that sun is awesome! =)

    -Adriel

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi! i got the magnetic sheets and the board from staples... The whole thing ended up costing me $30-40 but it was worth it..

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Love the sun, love the surf... just love it! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome WAVES!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! Love the use of the swirls embossing folder! Never would've thought to use it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sun. Great job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous job rieca...it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! This is a fantastic use of the CB folders! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you've done with this colour challenge! Very pretty and lots of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your use of the CB swirls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca