Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You are There...

Today at 365 it is Think Pink day.
I was going to post a bright pink card I made earlier this week but had not had a chance to post. But I decided that does not help the purpose of 365 cards. The whole idea is to make a card each day. With that said, I stuck to my guns and made a card.
I love this new little stamp by Inkadinkadoo. Are the birds not just too sweet for words? I love how sweet the pink is, it blends well with this cute stamp. I am usually a person who does not gravitate towards sweet stamps, so this is a real change for me. As is using this soft pink. I have a lot of it, I used it for my daughters ballet invites years ago. And since I have no idea what the colour is and who makes it, I figure it is time to use it up.
Do you get to that stage? Focus on trying to use paper?

It's all in the Ingredients:
Paper- pink?, DP fiscars
Stamp- Inkadinkadoo
Ink- SU! choco chip
Embellishments- Hero Arts gems, stickles icicle, pop dots








Yesterday at 365 Cards Pam challenged us to really think hard and make a different card.

"You are there and I am here"

I must say this sentiment challenge was VERY difficult.

I got out all sorts of stamps and started trying to think of how I was going to accomplish this. I had airplains, I had cute critters, I had knights and princesses, and then I decided to change my mind all together. No stamps at all. I tried thickers. I spelled the words out in all kinds of catchy ways; this too did not prove fruitful for me.


When at last the idea of cutting a simple paper suit case came to mind. And in the end simplicity won out!


I would love to see what you come up with. Please come join us at 365 cards, where there is a new challenge every day!


R

11 comments:

  1. Oh, it's just perfect! What a great idea!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME idea and fantastic card for today's challenge!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely creative Rieca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on todays challenge, simplicity works for this one
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the challenge, you nailed the challenge perfectly.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the suitcase idea, works really well for this challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Think Pink challenge card - the 2 little birds are so cute.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pink card too and I agree with you on the 365 Cards thing. I will combine other challenges with them, but at the end of it all I want to have made 365 cards or there is really no point is there ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job iwth the challenge! Thanks for coming out to play

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job with both cards.... I am glad you stuck to your guns and made a new one!! And you have changed things around here. love your new background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca