Thursday, May 14, 2009

Treating Yourself

As women, we don't often put ourselves first. I don't know if it is innate, or if we are so well trained by our mothers, to look after others; that we forget about ourselves. Either way, one thing is clear we need to treat ourselves every once in a while.

I made this card for several of the 365 challenges that I have missed in recent weeks. First lets talk about where it started. Recycling, that's right way back on Green Day. OK, I couldn't think of what to do. In fact I had too many ideas so it never got completed. So I looked at my list this week of unfinished projects, and the Recycling card was hanging over my head. I was eating an Popsicle, and that is where it all started. Then I looked around for some plastic, and I found wrapping off my kids diapers! Yes good things come from strange places!
Then I went back to my list, and thought right CANDY challenge done, and yes I can HAND WRITE my sentiment. That's right I have caught up 3 challenges in 1! It may seem cheeky, but to me it is BRILLIANT!

Now I know not all of us are going to rush out and treat ourselves today to the SPA, but perhaps a simple quiet moment and Latte, or a wonderful rich piece of chocolate?

Count your blessings, and treat yourself YOU DESERVE IT!
R

It's all in the Ingredients:
Paper- PTI leaf green, white, poppy red, DCWV- DP
Embellishments- SU! tag punches sm, and lrg, 1 1/2 " circle punch, pop dots, diaper plastic wrapping, Popsicle stick, hemp twine, orange marker, K&Co gems

2 comments:

  1. FABulous Post Rieca...woo hoo for us treating ourselves...I'm actually getting a pedi on Saturday...love those although it tickles me most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, this is just perfect! I love the lollipop on the front and the papers are so fun. I am all for treating myself! However, the pounds are starting to stay on, so I think i should skip that extra cookie for the day (yes, I usually have at least one a day!) thanks for the reminder though to take time out!
    loves
    k

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca