Monday, March 2, 2009

CPS105


I made these cards real quickly this morning for the CPS challenge. However, after seeing them in photos I am feeling uncertain about both cards. I feel like the image on the white is too crisp compared withthe rustic look of the kraft backgrounds. And then when I look at the image stamped on the kraft it is still not seeming quite right.
What do you think? Do you agree?
I am now of the opinion that the blue and the brown inks are just not working together even when I distressed them to blend them together. So any ideas of how to fix this?
Don't you hate flu season? Babies and men are the worst and I had a double whammy last night. We had a real rough night here. Leila and Bowen both had fevers, and were tossing their cookies sort of speak. So I am not feelin well rested nor quite right myself.

I hope whereever you are you are feeling much better then our house!

R

It's all in the Ingredients:
Paper- SU!choco chip, MME blue DP, PTI white, kraft
Stamps- Inkadinkadoo, pink cat
Ink- SU! choco chip, Color Box, chalk Prussian Blue,TH distress INk- weathered wood
Embellishments- creative cafe button, pop dots, hemp twine, marvery square punch,SU! corner rounder, SU! chalks, paper flowers dollar store, amuse bling

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I like the bird on white...makes it pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, great use of the CPS sketch. I like that colors you used on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like the second one best. Hugs, Korin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it on the non-distressed, brighter white paper...it makes the stamp pop! Maybe you could do it on a cream colored cardstock that isn't distressed? Just a suggestion!
    Great job with sketch 105...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful!!! I like the blue and brown. Maybe you'd like it better on cream. It's light enough to still pop but would be les crisp than white? I think they are both lovely though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca