Thursday, March 19, 2009

Color Throwdown #34



Don't you hate when you can't get an image to look straight? I assure you this is straight in real life! UGH
I have been dying to dig into this gorgeous paper by Heidi Grace. I got it moons ago, but it was such an interesting colour combo I never really knew quite how to tackle it.
That was until today; when I popped by CTD today and saw the colour challenge I went straight to this paper and thought I have got to use this. I find it really interesting to have blush such asweet innocent colour compared to the navy and kiwi. But in the end I like how the sweet blush pops against the darker colours, lovely contrast!
I hope you have a wonderful day!
R
It's all in the Ingredients:
Paper- SU! kiwi kiss, not quite navy, PTI sweet blush
Stamps- pink cat
Ink-Fresco chalk navy
Embellishments- SU! scallop circle, WT circle punch, Hero Arts gems, MS monarch butterfly punch

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute ! I love the scallop circle and what you did with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card--how fortunate to have this perfect DP! Your butterflies are lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your "blushing" blingy butterflies!! Pretty card! Thanks so much for playing with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very PRETTY -- LOVe those butterflies and the BLING Is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love that DP--what a perfect paper for this color combinations!! You blush butterflies look darling against the darker paper. Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca