Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gone but not Forgotten...

My Grandfather passed away this week. He is gone to a better place, where he will live on forever, free of pain and sorrow.

I was blessed to have been with him at his side hours before he died. He smiled and said hi to me; I smiled back and said hello. It was all I could do to hold back the tears; knowing it would be our last hello.

Thankfully, I have many fond memories of him, that I will carry in my heart forever. My children were also lucky enough to know him too. These days not many children get to know Great Grandparents. They called him Papa Ernie, and will miss him dearly.

I miss you, Grandpa!
Love
Rieca

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rieca, sooo sorry to hear about your Grandpa! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read about your loss. Take comfort in the fact that he lived a long life and will forever watch over you and your loved ones from above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your loss. God bless him and keep him. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me feedback. Each and every comment is read and greatly appreciated!
Please stop by again,
Rieca